Labs and Workshops
Laboratories are important in the curriculum of Engineering and Sciences; therefore all the branches of Engineering and Sciences offer many laboratories.
Some of the important labs are:
- Structure Analysis Lab
- Building Material Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Strength Of Material Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Analog Electronics lab
- Electrical Measurement & instrumentation Lab
- Computer Lab
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Zoology Lab
- Botany Lab
Presently there are four shops besides the Machine Tools Lab.
- Machine Shop: It has semi-automated lathes, millers, cutters and grinders. Experiments are designed in such a way that students get a feel of actual working condition.
- Fitting Shop: All fitting tools are available for training the students. Drilling, Power Saw and grinding units are also installed to serve as ancillary units to facilitate work connected with cutting, drilling and grinding.
- Welding Shop: A well – equipped welding shop has been established with facilities for Electric Arc and gas welding. Flame cutting unit is also available.
- Foundry Shop: A foundry shop with update facilities for sand testing and machine molding installed in it. Melting and die casting facilities are also available.
- Carpentry Shop: It is duly equipped with wood working machines i.e. lathe saws and drilling machine along with the wood working tools to give training to the students about wooden joints and patterns.