Raffles University Research Eligibility Test (RURET)
1. Procedure for Admission
- The admission to the Ph.D. shall be made through an Entrance test herein referred to as Raffles University Research Eligibility Test (RU-RET).
- Entrance test in Ph.D., programme shall be conducted twice in a Academic year (Probable in month of January or February and July or August).
- The test shall consist of 2 papers followed by Interview, detail are as below:
Examination Weightage I. General Paper on Research Methodology & Research Aptitude (Paper - I), this paper will contain 50 % multiple choice questions and each question shall follow equal marks. II. Subject specific (Paper-II), this paper will contain 50 % multiple choice questions and each question shall follow equal marks. 70% III. Performance in Interview 30%
- There will be no negative Marking in both papers.
- Fee for Entrance Exam shall in no case be refunded.
- The University shall conduct an Entrance Test ‘Raffles University Research Entrance Test (RURET)’ with qualifying marks as 50% in aggregate. The syllabus for the Entrance Test shall consist of: (a). research methodology & research Aptitude (50%) and (b). subject-specific (50%). The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centre(s) notified in advance by the University.
- The University shall determine the number of centers for conducting RU-RET (Raffles University Research Eligibility Test).
- Entrance test shall be conducted under the supervision of Controller of Examinations in consultation with President of Raffles University, Neemrana.
- Online facility for RU-RET (Raffles University Research Eligibility Test) shall be available for foreign students and NRI’s on request.
- The medium of entrance test shall be English only, except in the test for language other than English.
- There shall be no re-valuation /re-checking /re-assessment of answer sheets.
- If a dispute or controversy of any kind arises before, during or after conduct of the entrance test, the decision of President, in all such cases, shall be final.
- The result of Entrance test must be declared by COE within 20 days from the Date of Entrance test in consultation with Research Director subject to the approval of President. COE shall publish the Entrance result and also shall be put on the university website for applicants & letter to be issued to the qualified candidates.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET/SLET/GATE, or are Teacher Fellowship holders, or have passed the M. Phil. programme with course work recognized by the U.G.C., as per the UGC Regulations (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree, 2016), shall be exempted from the written test ,however they will appear before school research committee for interview as per notification issued by Research Director.
- The syllabus of Entrance test shall be followed by the syllabus of UGC-NET/UGC CBSE/UGC-CSIR Entrance test time to time.
- A relaxation of 5% of Marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST / OBC (Non-creamy layer) / differently-abled category in the entrance examination.
(As per First Amendment) If seats remain unfilled for above categories, university shall announce special entrance exams within one month from the date of closure of admissions of General category.
2. Interview and Admission.
- All eligible candidates who have qualified in the entrance test and those exempted from, shall be required to present and discuss their research interest at an interview before SRC of concerned school.
- SRC meeting (interview/ Admission) shall be held within 20 days from the date of entrance result.
- Looking to availability of seats in the respective school for admission in Ph.D. programme shall be made in the following order of preference. i. First preference to those who have qualified UGC-NET/ UGC-JRF/ CSIR NET /SLET/GATE examination or have passed M.Phil programme as per UGC Regulations. ii. Second preference to those candidate who secure their merit of in the RU-RET conducted by the Raffles University, Neemrana.
- Respective School Research Committee shall conduct the interview /Viva –voce of qualifying applicant and also consider the following aspects viz whether i. The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research. ii. The research work can be suitable undertaken at the University. iii. The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge. iv. Verification of his research eligibility (Academic qualification).
- The admission shall be based on the performance of the qualified candidates in the interview/viva-voce to be organised by the School concerned where the candidates shall be required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted School Research Committee & result of qualified candidate in the interview shall be announced accordingly.
- An admission Letter shall be issued to qualified student based on the performance in the interview/viva-voce by the Research Director, further the registration in Ph.D. shall be considered from the date of issue of admission letter subject to successful completion of Course work with minimum GGPA 5.5.
- Selection of a candidates shall be based on following criteria
( As per Second Amendment )
Entrance Test Weightage Performance in the Interview weightage 70% 30%
- Absent candidate from the interview meeting, shall be treated as admission cancelled. No further chance shall be provided in future. However they can apply for Entrance test in future also.
All the records of admission and progress of research work done by the student shall be maintained both by the respective School Research Committee,