1. Admission to Ph.D. Programme
- The student intake in each, school shall be as per the availability of seats.
- All the available seats shall be notified ‘category-wise subject/ field of Research’ by the University, in advance.
- Reservation of seats shall be notified in accordance with the latest guidelines, amended from time to time by Govt. of Rajasthan and UGC.
- The University reserves the right to alter the schedule of examination, admission, fee structure, and financial incentives to candidates, if considered necessary.
- Eligible candidates shall be informed through, website, email and notice board, for which candidates are advised to visit the University website www.rafflesuniversity.edu.in regularly.
- Any issue concerning procedure or interpretation of the provisions contained shall be governed by the guidelines issued by the University in accordance with statutory & UGC Existing guidelines.
- candidate shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme, if he/she possesses:
- Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC’s 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed), or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country, or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible only on the basis of the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M. Phil Degree of an Indian institution from a Foreign Educations institution accredited by an assessment and Accreditation agency which is approved recognized or authorized by an authorized by an authority ,established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing accrediting or assuring quality and standard of educational institutions, shall be eligible for submission to Ph.D. programme.
- The candidates who have qualified the UGC/CSIR-JRF/GATE/NET/SLET, or Teacher Fellowship-holders or have passed M. Phil. programme with course work recognized by the U.G.C., as per the UGC Regulations (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil. /Ph.D. Degree, 2016), shall be exempted from appearing in the written test but compulsory to appear before SRC for interview/ Admission Counselling for the admission.
3.Duration of Ph.D. Programme
- The duration of Ph.D. programme including course work for the two categories of scholars is as under
| S. No.
|| Minimum (Years)
|| Full-Time Scholars
- The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years for the Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child-Care Leave once in the entire duration of the Ph.D. programme for up to 240 days.
- In case of exceptional circumstances like, but not limited to, illness/hospitalization, etc. the Vice-Chancellor may grant extension initially for a period of six months, but not exceeding a total of one year, in addition to the maximum duration of the programme.